Anne Hensley Poindexter
Location: Carmel, Indiana
Contact: Contact Me
ANNE HENSLEY POINDEXTER was admitted to the bar in Indiana in 1988. Her undergraduate degree was obtained from Ball State University in 1984 and for her law degree she graduated, cum laude, from Indiana University in 1988. Prior to joining the firm, Mrs. Poindexter worked for the Inheritance Tax Division of the Indiana Department of Revenue, where she was the administrator from 1987-1988. Mrs. Poindexter’s practice concentrates in the areas of civil litigation including business and contract disputes, receiverships, will and trust contests, probate and trust administration, estate and wealth transfer planning including various aspects of public utility law, as well as government services law. Mrs. Poindexter chairs the firm’s Public Utility Practice Group.
Mrs. Poindexter is a member of the American, Indiana State and Hamilton County Bar Associations. She and her husband, the Honorable Brian Poindexter, live with their daughter in Carmel.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation (Business and Contract Disputes)
- Estate Planning
- Public Utility Law
- Wills and Trusts
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Indiana, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1988
- Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. (Cum Laude) – 1988
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
- B.A. – 1984
- Baird v. Lake Santee Regional Waste District, 945 N.E.2d 711 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011)
- Simon v. Simon, 957 N.E.2d 980 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011)
- Clay Tp. of Hamilton County ex re. Hagan v. Clay Tp. Regional Waste Dist., 838 N.E.2d 1054 (Ind. Ct. App. 2005)
- Wright v. Clay Tp. Regional Waste Dist., 694 N.E.2d 1192 (Ind. Ct. App. 1998)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Hamilton County Bar Association
- Center for the Performing Arts, Board of Directors Member, 2015 – Present
- Able Accounts
- Power Shifting
- We Need Powers Of Attorney
- When Do You Need To Review Or Update An Estate Plan?
- Who Should Be A Trustee?
- Who Should Be A Trustee?, Indy Boomer 50+ Lifestyle Magazine, Pg 13
- Indy Boomer Magazine Goes Citywide, Indy Boomer 50+ Lifestyle Magazine